Saturday, March 17, 2007

March blahs

Like most Canadians I am fixated on weather. We had two wonderful warm days this week and saw up to 4 feet of accumulated snow in my back yarn turn into water. The grass was visible and a check of the flower beds saw tiny green shoots pushing through the now very wet soil with promises of Spring. Yesterday they were calling for a drop in temperature and snow flurries (you know those tiny specks of snow that fall and sometimes melt before they even hit the ground). Well this morning the shovels were back out and so was I, digging out of probably a 6" snow fall but of course there were high winds and it had blown in driffs and it was that heavy wet snow that is hard to shovel. The good part is that the world is covered with a clean white blanket covering up the grime collected over the Winter and the sun is out which makes for a sparkling covering.

I read the little blurb that I wrote to describe me and the blog and asked myself how much "spice" have I added to my life since I move to Hamilton. It sure hasn't been a boring year, lots to keep me busy but I haven't gotten out to meet new people. Not sure how you do that. I had the idea that maybe I would join a lot of groups and meet people that way. I did try a couple of groups who had similar ideas and values but I quickly remembered that I hate sitting in meeting. 'Doing' is my thing not listening passively to commitee reports so that idea got scratched. Maybe if I keep an eye open for "active" things that people are doing and see if I can join in that might do it. I think summer is an easier time to get involved so I will let you know if I find any 'spice' in my life.
I am getting ready for an open house at the end of March which involves creating new projects and kits for people to see and touch and also finding homes for those last item that are still sitting in boxes in the corner of the room. I knit up a small shoulder capelet in some really fun yarn that I had. They just struck me as a good combination, the colours in the yarn include blue, green, pink, gold, brown, black. I also knit a long stole in Babi which is a hand dyed boucle mohair yarn that ended up being 26 inches wide and more than 8 feet long with the fringe. I used the full 250 gram skeins because I wanted to know how far one skein would go.

I am working with some very nice white rayon viscose that I thought would work as a lacy sleeveless summer top that would be worn over a t-shirt. So far it is working out fine but I really won't know until it is finished and tried on by someone to see if it hangs correctly. Well guess I had better get back to putting things in order.
If you live in the area please check out the web site for details on the open house and join us.

1 comment:

Deb said...

NIce work-but you always do nice stuff-