Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Open house

I survived the first annual open house. Cleaned like a maniac for a week before. I had all those boxes of odds and ends of yarn, and things that I had not found a place for in the new set up that I eventually found homes for. Finally on Friday night about 1am I gave it the thumbs up and crashed. The alarm went off at 7 so I could get a start on the day. I had signs to put out, balloons to put up and cats and dogs to set up in a separate room with food water etc. My friend Yvonne arrived and we sat down to wait for people to show up. I decided we should have rented a couple movies just in case so we could sit and knit and watch movies. The time of the open house was 10 to 6 and at 5 after 10 a customer showed up. I showed her around and more peoples showed up, then more and more. My place is tiny when you have 6 to 10 people in it at one time. They seemed to be having a good time, talking with each other discussing projects etc. I was kept busy running back and forth until about 4 pm. At which time I was getting a bit cranky they were all having a good time, I was tired, had not eaten, not had a bathroom break or sat down all day. Once I got off my feet I got into the mood that everyone seemed to be in and enjoyed myself. Sunday was slower getting started. I think everyone went out to Brunch before they came over but soon the place was full of knitters and the conversation was going strong. It was a fun two days and I would probably do it again.
After it was over Yvonne took me out to dinner. I should have been taking her out to dinner for all her help but she insisted and didn't argue too hard. We went to Jack Astors for dinner. Not a nice quite relaxing place, little noisy for my taste but their baked apple pie that is served right out of the oven is worth the trip. Yum just talking about it has me salivating. All in all a fun two days with great knitters, friends and some new customers.

1 comment:

Deb said...

Hi Rochelle! I was memed, and then instructed to meme 8 other interesting people- so consider yourself memed!!!!!! Details on my blog!